In 2020 we will gather in the beautiful city of Prague, where East meets West.
For four glorious days, our focus will be on Inclusion and Diversity on the Dance Floor.
We are creating a vibrant and inspiring gathering:
- to include a range of movement modalities and inputs.
- give teachers space to learn, move, think, integrate and grow their teaching practice.
- offer practical ways to promote inclusion and diversity in conscious dance classes and communities.
- break down barriers associated with race, gender, disability, class & socio-economic factors, culture and sexuality, and change the world!
Our aims are simple. We invite you to come and join us as we explore these critical issues in the world of conscious dance.
As far as we know this is the first time Inclusion & Diversity have been the focus of a four-day event in the conscious movement teaching field. We want to honour this ground-breaking moment and do it justice.
If financial difficulties make it hard for you to attend, please consider using the ICMTA Economic Hardship and Differences Policy to support you to come.
TO REGISTER - Green button on the left side of this page.
Karlínské, 316/7, Karlín, 186 00 Praha 8 - Karlín-Praha 8, Czechia
We are recommending some accommodation options for you to book separately, according to you personal preferences. We're hoping that by sharing across a few places, there will be opportunities to keep the group energy alive outside of the official programme schedule. All these establishments are a short walk from the venue.
If you book directly with the establishment not via Booking.com and mention ICMTA the hotel may be able to offer a preferential ICMTA rate.
HOSTEL: Alice Apartment House (Hostel)
A great choice for sharing a room with friends and colleagues. The Alice Apartment offers doubles, triples and dorms along with spaces to hang out and share time. You can see all the different rooms photos by checking them out Booking.com.
HOTELS: The Charles Hotel and Karlin Hotel
Close to the venue both of these offers rooms more suitable for solo occupation and doubles for couples. Both, also have restaurants.
OTHER CHOICES: Of course you are welcome to go ahead and choose your own AirBnB or Bed and Breakfast in the beautiful city of Prague, the area is called Karlin.
Facebook Accommodation Sharer's Group
We've created a private Facebook group for helping to co-ordinate sharing. If you want to share a room please post in the group with your budget range and whether you're wanting to share a twin or a dorm and how you'd like to be contacted.
LINK TO THE GROUP:
If you don't use Facebook and would like to find someone to share with, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to match people up.
We are offering a lunch option - consisting of a 3-course vegetarian lunch. The food will be a balanced plate of grain, protein and vegetables. The food is locally sourced fresh and sugar free.
Vegan and Gluten Free Options available. Please let us know when booking.
Food will be provided on the 28th, 29th ,30th, 31st,1st (NB not 27th as we'll all be arriving at different times).
Gathering Venue Address:
Karlínské náměstí 316/7, Karlín, 186 00 Praha 8 - Karlín-Praha 8, Czechia
Arriving to Prague by plane:
From VACLAV HAVEL AIRPORT PRAGUE:
Connection from airport you can search here:
From: Praha, Letiště Václava Havla. To: Karlínské náměstí 7
Or follow this way:
- Bus 100 Prague airport, the bus stop is in front of Terminal 2 in the Arrival Hall. Go to the ZLIČIN metro station (subway) yellow B.
- Take direction ‘Černý Most’ and stop at ‘Křižiková’, which is 15 stops.
- From Metro (subway) ‘Křižikova’, 8 minutes walk to the venue.
- Reserve the taxi in advance https://gettransfer.com/en/ About 550Kč (22 euros)
- We also recommend you download ‘Bolt’ - cheap-taxi application on your phone.
- Taking an Airport taxi with out booking in advance is more expensive, about 800kč ( 32 euros).
Travel by Train to Prague: Prague main railway station
( If you can travel by train, this helps keeping our planet healthy and stop Climate
Travel to Prague by train
To search train connection and buy ticket cd.cz
There is direct connection at this lines: Drosden–Bratislava, Norimberk–Žilina and BerlinLinz.
Transport from / to train station and Airport
By Bus: https://www.cd.cz/en/dalsi-sluzby/navazna-doprava/-27548/
To search bus/train locally and between country connections https://idos.idnes.cz/en/vlakyautobusymhdvse/spojeni/
Map and directions from the station to the venue location:
Public Transportation in Prague
You may buy public transport tickets from:
- The Public Transport counters at the Arrival Halls of Terminals 1 & 2 (Opening hours:
from 7 am to 10 pm).
- Tickets vending machine are also available at bus stops (cash required).
- Many shops named TRAFIKA nearby public transport.
- From a bus driver (cash required).
- https://app.pidlitacka.cz/en/ Application for transport connection and tickets. Recommend as the easiest :)
**IT IS NECESSARY TO STAMP THE TICKET AT THE VALIDATING MACHINES BEFORE ENTERING THE METRO AND IMMEDIATELY INSIDE A BUS OR A TRAM.
Travel tickets: http://www.dpp.cz/en/fares-in-prague/
Ticket sale: http://www.dpp.cz/en/ticket-sales/
• Indian Aroma www.indianaroma.cz
• Indian by Nature http://www.ibn-restaurant.cz/cs/
• Nejen Bistro www.nejenbistro.cz
• Original Curry & Tandoor restaurant http://www.currytandoor.cz
• Bistro proti proudu www.bistroprotiproudu.cz
• Restaurace Amboseli https://www.amboselirestaurant.cz
About the Event pricing
At this year's ICMTA Gathering we are going to be looking at DIVERSITY. We are looking at ourselves as an organisation and also each of us as individual teachers. One of the ways we want to be as INCLUSIVE as possible is in the pricing structures.
The organisation is almost, but not quite entirely, run by volunteers; by teachers who contribute time, energy and care to make this a body of work we can all be proud to be part of.
Here is our pricing structure:
N.B. These prices do NOT include accommodation or food. Book early to take advantage of the Earlybird rates available until 29th February 2020.
For non-members the price is Euros 340 or 290 if you book early. As a non-member you are very, very welcome to come to the Gathering. Of course, we hope you'll join sooner or later, but you don't have to, you're welcome just the same.
If you are a Member of ICMTA the cost is Euro 280 or 240 if you book early.
ICMTA Working Circle Members
If you work on a circle (thank you!), then you are a Working Circle Member and there is a spacial price for you, Euros 180 or even lower, E140, if you book early.
We want to offer members in hardship a concessionary rate. We have a short process to go through in that situation. We want to make it possible for you to come: Euros 140 and 110 for booking early.
If cost would still be prohibitive for you, please talk to us. If you need more support, get in touch.Hardship Fund - can you help?
And - finally - if you can afford to offer anything into a hardship fund to help your colleagues please contact email@example.com
Every little Euro helps make it possible for others to come.
Teachers Together, supporting each other in many ways, and in this instance, helping financially.